Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rush Hour 3: Not Their Finest Hour

Well I just saw Rush Hour 3......*huffs* and I can say I was definately disappointed.

Let me start off by saying I loved the first 2 films. I'm a big fan of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, and they have great chemistry together. And this film had a few scenes that made me laugh.

1. A take on 'Who's on First' where Chris Tucker is talking to Master Yu in order to get information on the bad guys.

2. The scene before where Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan try to fight a 7 foot tall man.

3. An interrogation sequence with Tucker, Chan, a suspect, and a nun. The nun has to interpret what the suspect is saying, since he only speaks French.

But those 3 scenes were the only ones that were fucking FUNNY!! And the action scenes SUCKED DONKEY BALLS! HOW THE FUCK DID THIS MOVIE COST $140 MILLION BUCKS. JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME FLICKS FROM THE 80'S LIKE CYBORG OR BLOODSPORT HAD MORE, AND BETTER, ACTION SCENES THEN THIS FLICK. WHAT THE FUCK?

Sorry bout that. But it's true the action scenes are a huge letdown....stale, monotonous, and worst of all BORING! Nothing new is brought to the table...from a boringly stale chase sequence in the beginning, to an abysmal ending mirked with shitty, and obvious, CGI. I mean these action or fight scenes have nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING, compared to who I felt after seeing Live Free or Die Hard (which cost $110 million....30 MILLION BUCKS FUCKING LESS THAN THIS FLICK!!!)

And I'm pissed off at Chris Tucker now. This motherfucker has done nothing and I mean NOTHING since fucking Rush Hour in 1998. Oh wait he was in a movie in 2001.....oh yeah that's right IT WAS FUCKING RUSH HOUR 2. And then he has the balls to hold up production in order to get $25 million....that's right 25 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS....for the film. And let me tell you something, HE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT MUCH MONEY!! HE FUCKING GOT PAID MORE THAN JACKIE CHAN, WHOSE DONE WHAT AT LEAST 50-60 MOVIES SO FAR. Sorry but Chris Tucker got very much overpaid for this, cause he didn't save the movie...and in fact this is the first time I have to agree that the guy IS annoying as all hell and as all fuck. I loved Tucker in Moneytalks, Friday, Rush Hour 1 and 2...but this was just too fucking much. He's screeching like a dying animal, throwing racial slurs about Chinese or French left or right. I actually was okay with it in Rush Hour 2, and I'll admit it made me laugh. But c'mon...it's been 6 FUCKING YEARS since Rush Hour 2....can we come up with something a little DIFFERENT. How about this....Tucker acts more serious and more action oriented, and Chan gets to be more funny and more silly. A.k.a. switch places, make it different, SOMETHING.

Anyway a fucking disppointment and a half....most of this budget seemed to be towards the salaries and the movie is way too fucking boring for an action film, way too unfunny for a comedy, and there's nothing else in between. The magic is gone in this franchise folks.

No comments: