Monday, July 23, 2007

Favorite Nintendo and Sega Game?

My favorite old school Nintendo game has to be The Punisher. I like the character…but I love the game because it’s just you shooting all sorts of bad guys. In my opinion that’s what a Punisher game SHOULD be all about…that’s what most of the comics were about and I don’t mind that at all. Punisher is one of my favorite comic book characters…and in this game you are just at the bottom of the screen and you move the curser up and down, left and right. You shoot bad guys with your machine gun, and the other button can either throw grenades or shoot a rocket launcher. I can understand that some people found it boring or repetitive…but it didn’t bother me too much. Sometimes mindless entertainment from video games is all I crave…and you kind of start to feel like the Punisher by shooting the hundreds of bad guys that come on the screen. So I think it’s a fun time…although I very much like Super Mario Bros. 3 and TMNT II: The Arcade Game. As for Sega, it would have to be Splatterhouse 3. A fun beat ‘em up in which you play a guy who gets a mask attached to his face…and then kicks all sorts of evil monster ass in order to save your wife and kid. I like the combat, it’s fun and fast paced…also there are lots of gore which is pretty fun. One neat thing is you get different endings based on how fast you play the game…so that makes it fun for replay value. Plus there are interesting monsters to fight, especially the bosses (plus a decent story for a Sega game). So Splatterhouse 3 definitely a fun, fast paced game to play.

No comments: