Monday, July 23, 2007

TV Shows

X-Files is my favorite show. I love the inventive, creepy stories. They are very smart, I love the characters, the actors David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are perfect (wonderful chemistry), the rest of the cast is well acted throughout the whole series (including Robert Patrick in seasons 8 and 9 and Mitch Pileggi as A. D. Skinner), each episode seemed like a feature film, and the score by Mark Snow (especially the beginning titles) is fantastic. I definitely love the stand alone episodes, but the mythology episodes are interesting involving conspiracies, aliens, etc. Even the small bits of comedy is fun to watch, and appreciative among most of the very dramatic series. Lots of touching moments between the characters as well. I also love Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, on the Discovery Channel. Basically Rowe is a guy who goes around the country looking for people who do dirty, disgusting jobs. And Rowe reacts like I would, like most people would when faced with jobs like sewer inspector, bell maker, ostrich farmer, alligator farmer, etc. And that’s what makes the show fun and funny to watch, as well as heartwarming in a way because it’s real people doing real jobs…certain jobs I never even new existed because they enjoy it and it’s there livelihood. So I love The X-Files and Dirty Jobs, those are my two favorite shows. I also love The Simpsons, Alf, Ghost Hunters, Quantum Leap, Millennium (darkest, creepiest show on TV ever), Kolchak: The Night Stalker (the original), and I very much love House M.D. Hugh Laurie on as Doctor House is one of the best, if not best, characters on TV today. House M.D. is a fun, funny, and very involving show/medical drama…in which a team of doctors headed by House (who always tells it like it is) to find the right cures and treatment for all sorts of weird, crazy symptoms. So I guess my Top 10 would be:
1. The X-Files
2. Dirty Jobs
3. The Simpsons
4. House M.D.
5. Alf
6. Ghost Hunters
7. Kolchak: The Night Stalker
8. Quantum Leap
9. Millennium
10. The Dead Zone

No comments: